Information regarding COVID is continually updated as the situation changes.
If you feel sick or have been exposed to COVID in the last week please cancel your tour.
During these unprecedented times, we strive to ensure that every risk of contracting Covid 19 is kept as low as possible. However, owing to the nature of this virus is may not always be possible to avoid all risk. To this end the following disclaimer is in force for all tours.
The following information is our current policy for tours. It is subject to change as guidelines on a county, state, and national level change
- Guide is vaccinated and can provide proof of vaccination if requested.
- All tours have the option of being conducted as caravan tours with participants driving their own vehicle (s).
- If participants wish to be driven, the Nature In Flight vehicle can be equipped with Plexiglas separators if requested to minimize risk.
- The vehicle’s touch points with be sterilized each day prior to the tour starting and each day at the end of the tour.
- All refreshments will be consumed at client’s own risk and you are welcome to bring your own.
- If you chose to borrow optics, (binoculars), you will be given a pair for the day that has been sterilized.
- Wellness questions and signing of a waiver will be required before the beginning of a tour.
- All participants are responsible for their own well being and following the current Oregon guidelines for safeguarding against Covid 19.
- Nature in Flight accepts no liability for any illness (Covid or other) contracted whilst on a tour.
From a Leisurely Stroll to All day Adventure...
Our tours are either 2-hours, a half day, or a full day in length. On some of our both half and full day tours we may also stop by a delicious dining establishment for some locally crafted food and libations. We are so looking forward to making wonderful memories with you and sharing what we love most about Oregon!
Our 2-hour bird tours focus on a specific neighborhood (maybe yours?) and are terrific for school children or anyone wanting to learn more about their own backyard.
Half Day Tours
A half day bird tour is roughly 4 hours long and focuses on exploring one or two areas within a fairly short drive from Corvallis. It’s a chance to stretch your legs and gain a new appreciation for what’s just over the next horizon.
Full Day Tours
Our full day bird tours last about 8 hours, and offer fun and surprises. On these tours we may get out to the beautiful Oregon Coast or explore other more far-flung areas with colorful and quirky wildlife.
(this time of year has less sunlight but more migratory waterfowl.)
Bird Tour Options
Half day or Full day.
Finley Wildlife Refuge and adjoining roads. Includes stops at the prairie overlook, walk on the Homer Campbell trail, visit to the refuge visitor center ponds and overlook
Birds and Brews: Half Day
Who’s in Your Neighborhood: 2-Hour
Oregon Coastal Tours: Full Day
What to bring:
What to Know:
- Binoculars (if you don’t have your own)
- Nikon 10X42
- Bushnell 10X42
- Spotting Scope
- 80mm ATS Swarovski
- Rain jacket or jacket for warmth
- Sturdy closed-toes shoes
- Water Bottle
- Pens and pencils
- Cell phone
- Bird guide and binoculars if you have them
The meeting location for the beginning of the tour is the Bi-Mart parking lot on 9th Street (NIF is not responsible for protection of your vehicle).
The Nature in Flight tour vehicle is a dark blue Ford Flex with our logo on the side. If you would rather drive yourself we can caravan or meet at the birding location.
- Tours can be fully refunded or rescheduled with no penalties or fees at any time for any reason up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled tour start time.
- Tours may be cancelled by Nature In Flight before or on the day of a tour due to weather conditions to be determined by tour guide. Tour cost will be totally refunded or rescheduled.
- Tour may be shortened due to weather conditions. Half of tour cost will be refunded and offer to reschedule for half price.
- If a Nature In Flight guide needs to cancel a tour for illness or other personal reasons, tour will be fully refunded or rescheduled.
- Tours can be held in light rain and cold conditions, but will not be held in weather that prevents safe transport, prevents proper viewing conditions, or endangers participants and equipment.
Some of our birding locations include:
- Local Wildlife Refuges: Finley, Basket Slough, Ankeny, Tualatin River
- Albany parks: Talking Waters, Simpson Park, Timber Linn Park
- Corvallis parks: Avery Park, Bruce Starker Arts Park, Sunset Park, Chip Ross Park, Bald Hill, Willamette Park
- Fern Ridge
- E.E. Wilson Wildlife Area
- Independence Trails
- Land Trust area
- Luckiamute State Park
- The Philomath “Poo” ponds
- Raptor Roads
- Mary’s Peak
- Snag Boat Bend